You have selected the finest handcrafted mattress in the world. Your new Shifman bedding will give you many years of superior sleeping comfort. It’s the outstanding result of Shifman’s exclusive design, sturdy construction, quality materials, and precision craftsmanship. Uncompromising standards for comfort, quality and value are incorporated into every Shifman product. This philosophy has made Shifman the universal standard of excellence in quality bedding since 1893.
Your new Shifman mattress has two sides for added comfort, support, and durability. It is recommended that you flip your mattress on a regular basis to increase its comfort and equalize its wear over time. Turn your mattress once a month for the first six months and twice a year thereafter. Flip side-to-side the first time, then head-to-foot the next time. Continue to alternate flips in order to use all four sleeping surfaces.
How to flip a mattresses
Support for queen and larger size bedding, a heavy-duty metal frame with a rigid center support and leg(s) is required. Wood or metal beds must have at least five rigid cross supports with center leg(s) for proper support. Failure to use proper frame or support will void the warranty.
- Body impressions in a new mattress are normal and indicate that the upholstery layers are conforming to your body’s contours. These are not structural defects.
- A quilted protector pad is recommended on your mattress to avoid stains and damage to the cover, which is not covered under this warranty.
- Do not remove the white cloth law label at the end of the mattress or boxspring. This label serves as a means of identification to establish warranty rights. Removal of law label will void the warranty.
- Handles are provided for positioning your mattress only. They may pull out if used to support the full weight of the mattress when carrying or turning.
- Never bend or fold your mattress, as this will damage the innerspring unit beyond repair. This warranty will not cover damage caused in this manner. A king mattress is hinged to bend head-to-foot for delivery purposes.
- Do not put a board between your mattress and boxspring, as this will cause your mattress to wear out more quickly. Doing so will void the warranty.
- Mattress sets are filled with all new materials including natural cotton.
It is not unusual for a mattress to have a new smell. It needs to air out. Opening a window or using the air conditioner will help it air out more quickly.
Your new Shifman mattress and boxspring are warranted against defective workmanship and materials, other than the cover, for the number of years specified on your law label after the date of purchase from an authorized dealer. Shifman Mattress Company warrants that it will, at its option, repair or replace purchaser’s mattress or boxspring if it is defective due to manufacturing defects in workmanship or materials.
This limited warranty will extend only to the original purchaser and cover manufacturing defects in a mattress or boxspring when the set is subject to proper handling, support and normal use. Please report manufacturing defects directly to the store from which it was purchased. If examination discloses the product to have a manufacturing defect, liability of the manufacturer is limited to repair or replacement of the product with the defect, at the manufacturer’s option.
Covered Under Limited Warranty
- Body impressions greater than 1.5” on both sides of the mattress
- Sagging, but only when mattress is supported by a matching boxspring with an appropriate support system (See “Support” in “Proper Care of Your New Bedding” section)
- Broken tufts on hand-tufted mattresses (can be repaired in customer’s home at manufacturer’s option)
- A mattress purchased without a matching boxspring for use on a platform bed, which provides proper and even support. The warranty will be one-half of the term that applies to a set of the same style. Shifman reserves the right to void its warranty if an inspection deems that the platform bed improperly supports the mattress
- Coils or wires that are loose, broken or protrude through the fabric
- Splits in boxspring wood frame, abnormal squeaks or noises in the boxspring or mattress
Not Covered Under Limited Warranty
- Body impressions not greater than 1.5” on both sides of the mattress
- Body impressions greater than 1.5” on only one side of the mattress
- Coils or wires that are bent or broken due to moving or bending the sleep set
- Any mattress and/or boxspring not supported properly
- Any mattress purchased without a matching boxspring, unless used on a platform bed that provides proper and even support
- Replacement of the complimenting piece of a sleep set that is not defective
- Comfort or preference, clearance, “as is”, floor samples, handles, bed height, mattress bigger than boxspring, sheet fit, odor, or transportation costs
- The flexibility and firmness of the hinge area in a king mattress or slight noise from normal movement of springs
- Ridging in center (except as covered by body impressions greater than 1.5” on both sides of the mattress*)
- Warranty does not apply if the mattress or boxspring is burned, stained, soiled or subjected to obvious abuse or improper care
*For hand-tufted mattresses, the outer-most area of the surface is not tufted. Therefore, body impressions must be measured from outer-most tuft to outer-most tuft, not tape edge to tape edge.
An original purchaser for the purposes of this limited warranty is an individual or entity who purchases the product from an authorized retailer of Shifman Mattress Company with the intent to use the product for personal consumer use and not with the intent to resell the product. This limited warranty does not apply to products sold by unauthorized resellers, including without limitation, unauthorized resellers on third party websites, by way of example (but not limitation), e-Bay and the like. Unauthorized resellers are not original purchasers for the purposes of this limited warranty. This limited warranty will not apply if the mattress or boxspring is burned, stained, soiled or subjected to improper care including but not limited to improper support, or obvious abuse.
Shifman will not be responsible for transporting or the cost of transporting any product to or from the factory. If identical materials are not available at the time of repair or replacement, the manufacturer reserves the right to substitute materials of equal quality. his limited warranty does not apply to clearance, floor models or “demos” or “as is” sales. If the purchaser is not the original purchaser or has purchased a clearance, floor model or “demo” model or cannot provide proof of purchase, from an authorized retailer of Shifman Mattress Company, the purchaser takes the product “as is” and with all faults. Proof of purchase (original store receipt or other proof of date, retailer and purchase price) will be required by Shifman Mattress Company to demonstrate that purchaser is the original product purchaser.
Shifman Mattress Company shall not be liable for incidental or consequential damages arising out of the use of this product or the inability to use this product. he terms in this limited warranty shall be the purchaser’s sole and exclusive remedy in the event of product failure during the limited warranty period. Here are no express or implied warranties on this product, including any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. In any event, no warranty shall exceed in duration the term of this limited warranty, which begins with the date of original purchase.