If you’ve owned your mattress for 10 years, then you’ve likely logged up to 30,000 hours sleeping in it. Take a moment to appreciate that number. Thirty thousand hours. That’s a heck of a lot of time spent sleeping on just a few square feet of space. And, if your mattress isn’t top-of-the-line, chances are it could be wearing (or worn) out at this point. But how can you tell when it’s time to replace your mattress? Here are the top 5 indicators that will tell you that it’s time to chuck the old one and start shopping to replace your mattress now:
- You Wake Up Achy, Stiff, and Sore – Waking up in the morning feeling like you’ve run a marathon the day before (but didn’t) is a sure sign that it’s time to trade in your mattress for a newer model.
- The Mattress is Visibly Worn, Lumpy, or Sagging – If your mattress is visible worn out and actually looks uncomfortable chances are it is and chances are it’s time to toss it.
- You Feel Tired After a Full Night’s Sleep – Don’t you hate waking up after a full 8+ hours of sleep feeling like you got no rest at all? If you feel this way in the morning, it’s likely your mattress that’s at fault.
- You Can’t Remember When You Bought It – If it’s been so long since you purchased your mattress that you can’t actually remember when it happened? It’s absolutely time to get a new one!
- You Sleep Better Somewhere Other Than Your Own Bed (Like The Couch) – The day that the couch (or a hotel bed) is more comfortable that the bed you have at home is the day that you need to start shopping for a new mattress.
If your mattress meets any of these 5 signs, it could be time for you to buy a new one. And, if you invest in the right mattress this time around, it could be many, many years before you’ll ever have to consider needing to purchase another one again. Quality mattresses like Shifman last longer than more cheaply made models, and will stay comfortable and provide the support you need for years longer than other brands. Explore our collections to find out more about what Shifman brand mattresses can offer today!